This 2-hour training is meant for para-professionals, community health workers, promotores, parent educators, public health nurses, and others who work directly with children or parents of young children. It is divided into four 30-minute modules. In order to receive a certificate of completion, all modules must be completed.
- Empower you to provide best practice child feeding education to parents
- Improve parents feeding practices as a result of your education
- Include you into a large provider community in which parents are taught best practice child feeding education
Steps to complete the training:
- Download the handouts for each module to use them during the training.
- Use the link provided in the video description on the YouTube webpage to download the slides for each module.
- Click on the title or image for each module to begin the video.
- After completing all modules, e-mail Jocelyn Dubin at [email protected] to take a post-survey and receive a certificate of completion.
County of Santa Clara Public Health Nurses can receive 2 continuing education (CE) units after completing this training. Please complete the steps above, and Jocelyn will provide additional instructions via e-mail on how to obtain CE units.
Module 1 Handouts:
- Your Learning Needs
- Stages, Developmental Principles, and Key Concepts in Feeding
- How to Feed Your Toddler (English, Spanish, Vietnamese)
This training has received the Ellyn Satter Institute Seal of Approval.