The Santa Clara County Healthy Worksite Award is an opportunity to celebrate organizations in Santa Clara County that are dedicated to the health and well-being of their employees, clients, patrons, and the community.
Potential Benefits for Employers
- A work environment that supports healthy behaviors
- Increased productivity with healthier employees, and
brand enhancement through public recognition of efforts
Potential Benefits for Employees
- Improved health and fitness,
- Increased concentration and focus, and
- Improved morale and job satisfaction
Who Should Apply?
All worksites, large and small, for-profit and non-profit, are encouraged to apply.
- Review the County of Santa Clara Healthy Worksite Toolkit for ideas on how other worksites have created healthier work environments and a culture of wellness.
- Complete the Healthy Worksite Environmental Assessment Tool online or in our Healthy Worksite Toolkit to discover your worksite’s strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Take advantage of our technical assistance. Call the Santa Clara County Public Health Department at (408) 793-2700, and staff can assist you to improve areas within your worksite that you scored low on in the Healthy Worksite Environmental Assessment Tool.
- Draft a policy or formal guideline specific to your organization’s environment. Look at our Healthy Worksite toolkit for sample Policy Templates.
- After the policy or guideline is adopted, create an implementation plan and train employees on the new policy and how the organization will be implementing it. You can find Sample Implementation Plans in our toolkit.
- Contact Suellen Haggerty at [email protected] for a samples of educational materials that you can utilize to promote and implement your new policy or formal guidelines.
- To acknowledge the great work you have done to improve the health of your workforce, complete the Healthy Worksite Award Application.
- Consider attending a Healthy Worksite training held every year in the spring to learn from other worksites that are working towards the same goal of creating a healthier worksite!
To learn more about the Healthy Communities Branch other related efforts, please contact: