We are the first and only dedicated drug donation pharmacy in California. We receive unused, unopened, and unexpired medications from licensed healthcare facilities, and dispense the drugs at no cost to our patients who have a valid prescription. Our pharmacy aims to increase medication access for all and serves patients who cannot afford their medications.
NO controlled drugs, NO insurance, NO copays
Please note the following about our pharmacy:
- All medications require a valid prescription from a doctor.
- Please call our pharmacy during business hours for an inventory check. This list of medications shows what we commonly stock at our pharmacy, but our inventory changes constantly, so please call to see if we have what you need.
- We currently offer prescription mailing services within Santa Clara County per request; certain restrictions do apply.
- We do not accept medication donations from patients; it is prohibited by California Drug Donation laws.
- If you have unwanted medications, it is important that you dispose of them safely. Please do not dispose of them in your trash, down the drain or in your toilet. Use the interactive map to find drop-off locations for unwanted medications.
- Regarding Stock Availability: Our pharmacy is supplied with medications donated by other healthcare organizations. Due to the random nature of donations, the availability of specific medications cannot be guaranteed. We apologize for the inconvenience and will transfer any prescription you may have on file to the pharmacy of your choice.
Free COVID tests
Free COVID home tests are available to pick up at our pharmacy. Each person can get 4 individual tests at each visit during business hours. No identification or insurance required.
Watch how easy it is to pick up by watching this video.
Free flu shots
Free flu shots will be offered for patients 3 years and older who are uninsured or underinsured:
Wednesday: 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Thursday: 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and then 1 to 4 p.m.
Hours of operation
Sunday and Monday: Closed
Tuesday: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursday: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Better Health Pharmacy closes every Saturday 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. for lunch. Better Health Pharmacy is closed on observed County holidays.