Black Infant Health (BIH)
Are you pregnant and African or African American?
The County of Santa Clara Black Infant Health (BIH) Program empowers pregnant and parenting African and African American mothers by connecting them with the care they need for good health during pregnancy and beyond. Our program helps participants reduce stress, eat well and connect with others for support. BIH is a state-wide program that has served Santa Clara County since 1991.
BIH provides eligible mothers with:
- Pregnancy and new mom groups (virtual/in-person options)
- Support in reaching personal goals
- Access to helpful resources
- Connection with a personal BIH Public Health Nurse
To enroll, call (408) 937-2270, or complete a BIH Interest Card for an appointment.
Who is eligible?
- Pregnant African/African American women
- African/African American mothers with an infant under 6 months of age
- 16 years of age or older
- Santa Clara County residents
- Services are at no cost for any eligible participants no matter their income