Perinatal Equity Initiative Program (PEI)
Did you know?
In the United States:
- Black babies are more likely than others to die before their first birthday.
- Black mothers are more likely to die while pregnant or shortly after birth.
PEI is trying to change this with:
- public education on how the way history, culture, and institutions impact people of color, also known as structural racism
- services to meet clients’ personal needs
- support to hospitals to improve care for Black mothers and babies
Public Health partners with Roots Community Health Center - South Bay to support Black families in our county.
Roots gives the community education on topics like healthy eating, exercise, managing stress, doula services, and how to access healthcare. The program also empowers women and connects them to local resources.
Who can get services?
Women who are:
- 18 years of age or older
- Living in Santa Clara County
All clients get services at no cost, no matter what their income is.
Sign up for our virtual classes here: Women of Wellness (WoW).
County of Santa Clara Perinatal Equity Initiative Program
1993-B McKee Rd
San Jose, CA 95116