See this MMICP Processing Options document for Medical Marijuana Identification Card processing options during the current health emergency.
Items that you will need to send in:
1. A completed application (application forms may be downloaded and completed prior to your visit, or filled out during your appointment)
2. Government-issued photo identification (for example, a California State Driver’s License, a California State ID Card, a United States Passport, a Veteran’s Administration ID Card)
3. Proof that you live in Santa Clara County (for example, a valid California motor vehicle registration with a current address within the county, a recent utility bill, or a recent rental or mortgage payment receipt)
4. A verification form, completed by your physician, stating that you have been diagnosed with a serious medical condition and that the medical use of marijuana is appropriate
5. Check, Money Order, or Debit/Credit in the amount of $10. If you have proof of Medi-Cal benefits, such as a current Medi-Cal card, the fees are reduced to $5. The fee is also $5 for seniors 55 years of age and over. All Fees are non-refundable. Cash is not accepted.
All information contained on this website is subject to change without notice.
Participation in the program is voluntary.
The Medical Marijuana Identification Card will expire on the date listed on the physician's letter. If no date is listed, the card will expire one year from the verification date.
All required documents from your physician must be received within 30 calendar days from the date of application. After 30 days, applications will be voided, and all applicants must reapply.
Processing times are between 4 to 6 weeks.